Monday, April 4, 2011

Continuation, correction

After mulling over that last post, I'm left feeling very uncomfortable with the ideas I'm trying to wrap my head around.  Again assuming (without statistics or documentation!) that most NPAOs are run by white guys, I failed terribly yesterday to address the different approaches to engaging youth that might be found desirable by different communities.  The last entry was utterly incomplete, in that was addressing specifically the seeming deficiency of accessible NPAOs run by people of color, without really addressing the seeming abundance of accessible NPAOs run by white people, and I'll try to address that more thoroughly here, in an effort to balance my exploration and acknowledge the habit (?) I fell back on yesterday (thanks, White Privilege!) of skipping straight to discussing the Other without first attempting to suss out the role of my own racial and class community in creating a perceived structure of imbalance. 


I'll write more thoroughly later, but I needed to have this up to bookmark and set the stage for a correction of such lousy writing and analysis yesterday.  Also, I need statistics.

Blogging thinking is hard.  I wonder if it's not safer to write, then think, then rewrite if needed, then post that, finally, to one's  blog.  I should probably address the definition of a blog and its nature in my methodology, huh?  I think blogging is different from posting something you've written to the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment