Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Break time

I never thought "break time" would mean working on my literature review and other written elements of my thesis, but I need to give the outreach a rest. 15 new groups/people emailed/called and I have.... two interviews set, (one with Adam Fletcher, director of the FreeChild Project).  Maybe another couple in the works?  It's unhelpful to speculate on the variety of reasons why I'm having trouble making more headway... I need to mostly cast aside doubt and fear at this point and just do what I can do, when I can do it.

So today's to-do list:
1.  Caffeine.
2.  Make some copies of old theses.
3.  Figure out what other writing it would make sense to start on aside from the lit review.
4.  Make a plan for organizing my historical research on the roots of social justice (which is to say, social reconstructionism) in art, education, and art education.
5.  Start on that.

Oh, and I should update my thesis overview sheets and fix some typos (blarg!) that I noticed in my thesis proposal.  All doable in the next six hours (eh, or maybe not).

No comments:

Post a Comment